Kapurpurawan Rock Formation in Burgos, Ilocos Norte

Sunday, August 05, 2012

July 2011 was the first and last time I was able to go out of town with friends for an Ilocos trip. :) One of the best places I've been so far in my entire life is the Kapurpurawan Rock Formation located in Burgos, Ilocos Norte. I was captivated by the picturesque beauty of this white rock wonder. And yes, Bangui Windmills are breath-taking but this amazed me more because of the limestone formation created by the natural forces of land and ocean. Usually limestones can be found in caves but this one docks the West Philippine Sea. Before getting to the main attraction, we walked along rocks and swamps abundant with waterlilies. I remember we were welcomed by one of the local guides and he was very fond of telling stories and folklore about Kapurpurawan. According to him, the Rock was believed to be protected by fairies.









photos courtesy of Karen Ann Espela

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Instagram